1. Leave the past in the past
過去的就過去了
When you meet someone new, leave any negative feelings or past heartbreaks just where they should be—in the past.
當你遇見新的合適的對象,讓以往所有的消極情緒或傷心事都留在過去。
2. You won’t meet someone new in your living room
宅在家裏你遇不到新對象
Well, maybe a cute guy will deliver your new
sofa, but chances are you’re going to meet someone by getting out there
and trying new things—online dating, taking a class, etc. Tell
everyone, especially your married friends, that you’re looking to meet
someone and ALWAYS go to parties. Because you truly never know who
you’ll meet.
好吧,也許會有個帥小夥把你訂的沙發送貨到府,但更實在的是你要走出門口去相遇,並嘗試一些新鮮的玩意兒--網路交友、參加學習班等等。告訴別人,尤其你那群已婚的朋友,你在找對象,你也總會參加聚會。因為你真的不知道你會不會遇見那個TA。
3. Give the guy a chance
給他一個機會
When you were 20 your list was “he must be tall, dark and handsome.” Try going against type. It just might be a perfect fit.
當你20歲時,你的理想要求是“他必須要高,黝黑的膚色,還要帥。” 拋開這些標準再試試。也許他會成為你的完美另一半。
4. Look at blind dates like a first date
把相親當初次約會看待
Many women met their husbands on blind
dates, and you can too! If you’re not sure you want to sit in a noisy
restaurant, go out and do something fun. One of my friends went to a
baseball game, and she and her date each brought a friend. They had a
blast and got married one year later.
很多女性都是通過相親遇到他們現在的丈夫的,你也可以!如果你不太想坐在嘈雜的飯館裏,那就去外面,玩一些有趣的。我有個朋友是在一次棒球比賽相親的,她和她的約會對象各自帶了一個朋友去。他們玩得很開心。一年後,他們結婚了。
5. Time is on your side
慢慢來
Take your time in getting to know your guy
and don’t feel in a rush to meet his children or have him meet yours. It
starts with the two of you. Make sure this is someone you want in your
life.
花點時間去了解你的對象,不要急匆匆地去看他的孩子或是讓他見你的孩子。一切從你們倆開始。確保這個男人是你生命中要找到的那個人。
6. Someone to come home to
有人在等你回家
When you’re ready to move in together you
will discover how wonderful it is to come home to the one you love. Be
prepared for some give and take—for example, over which of each others’
belongings stay or go.
當你準備好搬到一起住時,你會發現回到一個有愛人在的家是多麼的美好!為互相遷就做好準備吧--比如,雙方所有物的去留。
7. Your wedding, your way
你的婚禮,按你的方式來
Now you’re in love and it’s time to have
your wedding exactly how you want it. Remember it is all about you and
the man of your dreams. Whatever you want is the way to go.
現在你正處於熱戀,是時候按你想的方式舉辦婚禮了。記住,你和你夢中情人就是一切,只管去做你想要的。
8. Happily ever after can happen to you
從此以後幸福常伴你左右
It’s never too late to find true love. We did, and you can too!
真愛永遠都不嫌遲。我們做到了,你也可以!(來源:滬江英語)