ADJ網路實驗室
打印

[介紹] 人見人愛有秘密:兩個問題決定你的印象分

人見人愛有秘密:兩個問題決定你的印象分

When a person meets you for the first time they ask themselves two questions. The answers to these two questions will have all sorts of knock-on effects for how they think about you and how they behave towards you.

當別人與你第一次見面,他們都會問自己兩個問題。這兩個問題所得出答案決定了他們對你的看法和行動。

Professor Susan Fiske of Princeton University has shown that all social judgements can be boiled down to these two dimensions:

普林斯頓大學教授蘇珊·菲斯克通過研究各種社會性判斷,得出這些判斷都能被總結成以下兩個問題:

1.How warm is this person?

這個人有多熱情?

The idea of warmth includes things like trustworthiness, friendliness, helpfulness, sociability and so on. Initial warmth judgements are made within a few seconds of meeting you.

熱情的定義包括可信度、友好度、有益性、社交性等等。這種最初的熱情與否的判斷在你與他人見面後幾秒鐘內就能得到答案。

2.How competent is this person?

這個人有沒有能力?

Competency judgements take longer to form and include things like intelligence, creativity, perceived ability and so on.

能力的判斷需要花更長的時間來得出,能力包括了智力、創造力和領悟力等等。

Susan Fiske's research has looked at different cultures, times and types of social judgements, but these two concepts come up again and again in slightly different guises. Not only do we make these judgements about other people, but we frame their behaviour using these two questions.

蘇珊·菲斯克教授的研究涵蓋了不同的文化、不同的時代和不同類型的社會性判斷,即使有細微差別,但是這兩個問題一再地在研究中出現。我們不但通過這兩個問題來判斷別人,而且會做出相應的行為動作。

The primacy of warmth and competence may reflect evolved, instinctual reactions to these two questions about others:

關於熱情和能力的最基本的判斷會讓我們做出直覺的反應,從而引申出下面的兩個問題:

1.Friend or foe? Is this person going to hurt me or help me?

是敵是友?這個人是來害我的還是來助我的?

2.Capable of hurting or helping? Can this person help me if they're friendly or hurt me if they're not?

能不能害我/幫我?如果來人是友好的,能不能幫我?如果來者不善,會不會害我?

How warm and competent do other people find you? You probably know quite well how other people view you.

別人是如何看待你的?有多熱情?有多少能力?答案你可能知道得很清楚。(來源:滬江英語)

ARTERY.cn