ADJ網路實驗室
打印

[介紹] 戀上你的床:你知道這些bed習語嗎?

戀上你的床:你知道這些bed習語嗎?

Bed這個單詞大家都認識,是床的意思。床在日常生活中很重要,因為一個人三分之一以上的時間是在床上度過的。英語中有很多習語是跟床有關的,我們一起來學習一下吧!

1. Can I bed downhere with you?

我能在你這睡嗎?

2. The temperature fell out of bedlast night.

昨晚氣溫驟降。

3. You were the one who chose these house painters because they were cheap. I told you they'd do a terrible job. As you make your bed, so must you lie in it.

是你要雇這些便宜的油漆工的,我都告訴你他們手藝不行了。你自己的主意,自己承擔後果嘍!

4. Mike's looking for another job. His boss is rude and very bad-tempered. And the five people who work for Mike are lazy and untrained, so Mike has to explain everything to them. Therefore, his job is a real bed of nailsfor him.

邁克正在找新工作,他現在的老闆粗暴無禮、脾氣又非常壞,而在他手下工作的那五個人既懶惰又沒受過什麼訓練,所以邁克凡事都得向他們解釋。邁克在那工作真是如坐針氈,處境極其艱難。

5. I had to take a bed-and-breakfastbecause the hotels in the city were much too expensive.

我只能住那種含早餐的小旅館,城裏的賓館太貴了。

6. Nothing you could say about Pete would surprise me. The man couldn't even lie straight in bed.

不管你說起皮特什麼,我都不會驚奇的,那人沒一句實話。

7. My sister Irene works at a full time job and has two young sons to take care of when she gets home in the evening. Her husband Bob tries to help out, of course, but he just isn't too handy with kids. Believe me, her life these days is no bed of roses.

我姐姐艾琳有一份全職工作,晚上回家還得照料兩個小兒子。她丈夫鮑勃當然也試著幫她分擔一些家務,但是鮑勃帶孩子就是不太在行。所以艾琳眼下的日子過得可實在不舒坦。

8. What's the matter with you? Did you get out of bed on the wrong sideor something?

你怎麼了?心情不好還是怎麼回事?

ARTERY.cn