ADJ網路實驗室
打印

[介紹] 英文文章--增加英文能力

英文文章--增加英文能力

A study of 1,000 people found that staying active nearly halved the odds of catching cold viruses and, failing that, made the infection less severe.
一項針對千人的研究發現,保持活躍可將感染感冒病毒的機率減低幾乎一半,而且就算感染了,病情也不會那麼嚴重。
Experts told the British Journal of Sports Medicine that this could be because exercise helps bolster the immune system to fight off bugs. But you may not have to actually do much exercise - those who merely think they are fit enjoy the same lower risk.
專家告訴英國運動醫學期刊,這可能是因為運動有助強化免疫系統對抗病毒。但你或許不必真的做很多運動,因為那些單憑認為自己很健康的人,風險也一樣低。
Adults can expect to suffer two to five colds per year. This latest research suggests there are lifestyle choices you can make to improve your odds of either avoiding them, or suffering too badly from them.
成人每年一般預期會感冒2到5次,這份最新研究顯示,你有可以選擇的生活方式,來提高預防感冒、或是讓感冒不那麼嚴重的機率。
For their study, US researchers asked the healthy volunteers to keep a record of any coughs and sniffles they experienced over a three-month period during the autumn and winter. The volunteers were also asked to say how frequently in any given week they would do exercise lasting at least 20 minutes and intensive enough to break a sweat.
為了他們的研究,美國研究人員要求健康的志願者,在秋冬之際的3個月期間,一有咳嗽與擤鼻涕就記錄下來。這些志願者也被要求,記錄在選定的一週內,他們有多常做持續至少20分鐘、激烈到足以流汗的運動。
And they were questioned about lifestyle, diet and recent stressful events, as these can all affect a person’s immune system.
他們也被問到生活方式、飲食與最近感到有壓力的事件,因為這些都會影響一個人的免疫系統。
But the most significant factors that cut colds was how much exercise a person did and how fit they perceived themselves to be. Feeling fit and being active cut the risk of having a cold by nearly 50%.
但降低感冒最有效的因素,是一個人做多少運動,以及他們認為自己有多健康,感覺健康且保持活躍,可將感冒機率降低近50%。
新聞辭典
odds:名詞,機率。例句:What are the odds on him being re-elected?(他連任的機率有多大?)
bolster:動詞,加強。例句:She tried to bolster my confidence by telling me that I had a special talent.(她告訴我我有特別的才能,試著讓我更有信心。)
sniffle:動詞,擤鼻涕。例句:You’re sniffling a lot today - have you got a cold?(你今天一直擤鼻涕,是感冒了嗎?)

更多好康分享中~~
..thanks

感謝大大的分享嚕~~受用無窮

每日一文章,希望英文可以突飛猛進,謝謝大大分享

很實用的一篇文章! 感謝分享囉~

ARTERY.cn