ADJ網路實驗室
打印

[介紹] 毀掉你面試的元兇:20個細節暴露弱點

毀掉你面試的元兇:20個細節暴露弱點

Don’t come a half an hour early. It makes me feel pressure to finish what I’m doing. 5 minutes early is more than enough。

終於憑藉閃亮的簡歷見到了傳說中的HR,你有把握說服他,讓他認為你就是這份工作最合適的人選麼?也許你參與了N場面試,自我感覺還不錯,卻總是面試過後再無消息?快來看看是不是這20個細節毀掉了你珍貴的面試機會。

一直以為面試到的早表示有誠意,原來到太早HR也會有壓力……

Don't bring your own cup of Starbucks coffee to the interview. It's not professional, and it will make me jealous that I don't have one。

星巴克的杯子拿來做街拍點綴不錯,面試的時候就先別拿著了吧……HR不爽了,倒楣的是自己……

Don't touch your face or twirl your hair during the interview. It's disgusting and distracting。

緊張的時候可能會不自覺的有一些小動作,但是切記不要讓HR看見啊!

Don’t wait more than 24 hours after the interview to write a thank you note. It annoys me if I get it one week later. Be short and sweet, but specific。

所謂趁熱打鐵,在HR對你還有印象的時候,用感謝信來加固一下他對你的好印象吧,但是如果忘記發感謝信了,那就讓它隨風去吧……不要再去打擾繁忙的HR了。

Skip the "thank you note in the snail mail" thing. It's 2011.

很有可能你的信件寄到的時候,招聘工作已經結束了……這個時代,時間就是一切啊!

If I ask you take a 10-minute writing test after we speak, take it. No matter what you have going on after, it's a huge red flag if you say you don't have time。

測試也是面試中的一部分,真心想得到工作的同學,都不會拒絕測試吧。

Don't talk about how successful your father is. I don't care, and it will make me think he's responsible for getting you all your past jobs and internships。

除非你的工作機會是你老爸幫你搞定的~要不就拿出自己的成就來說吧!

Don't arrive with wet hair. I'd rather you be five minutes late with dry hair。

把自己弄乾淨去面試,出發點很好,但是等頭髮飄逸了再出門啊!當然不排除有人髮膠打太多,導致頭髮總是看起來濕漉漉的……

Don't have disgusting breath. If I'm sitting across a conference room table from you and can smell it, that's a bad sign。

口氣問題,來片口香糖吧。(好像廣告啊有木有!)

Don’t say "I still haven’t figured out what I want to do yet。” It makes you seem lost. You have figured out what you want to do, and it's exactly what this job is。

我想,HR如果聽到這樣的話,估計會直接判該人出局吧!

Don’t say "I still haven’t figured out what I want to do yet。” It makes you seem lost. You have figured out what you want to do, and it's exactly what this job is。

我想,HR如果聽到這樣的話,估計會直接判該人出局吧!

Don't tell me that Business Insider is a great "magazine." Come on. That's just embarrassing。

Business Insider是一個網站,如果你連應聘單位到底是網站還是雜誌都分不清楚……請自行想像HR心中的不滿……

When I ask you what websites and publications you read, don’t say The New York Times. Everyone reads the New York Times. Be creative。

當我問你看什麼網站和出版物時,別告訴我,你讀《紐約時報》。千人一面。要有點創意。(當然在中國,別說你只讀教科書)

Don’t send me a cover letter email that’s more than one paragraph long. I don't want to read about your childhood. Save the details for the interview。

想在千萬份簡歷中脫穎而出,靠的絕對不是簡歷的厚度,而是簡歷的亮點。

Don’t attach your resume to an email and title it “Magazine Resume” or “Forbes Resume。” Seriously, come on。

不要單單把簡歷扔在在電郵裏,標題只寫“雜誌社簡歷”或者“福布斯簡歷”。拜託,好歹寫上應聘職位啊親~

If we’re at a career fair, don’t tell me how “slutty” the other candidates are dressed compared to you. True story。

HR不是你的閨蜜哦,靠貶低別人是絕對換不來自己的優秀滴。

If you’re interviewing for an editorial job, don’t tell me your lifelong goal is to be a designer, or a golf announcer. Why would I hire you?

這種被人當成“備胎”的感覺,換成你是HR,也會抓狂吧?

Don’t come in without spending at least 20 minutes looking around the site. This goes for any publication you're interviewing at. A smart interviewer will ask you: "What are your impressions of the site?"

知己知彼,方能百戰不殆。擔心被HR問的張口結舌?那就趕緊了解你的未來僱主。

Don’t say you have no questions at the end of the interview. You have to at least ask ONE question, and it should be more creative than, "What's the culture like?"

HR問你有什麼問題的時候不要擺手說沒有。該問就問,問出水準,至於“公司文化是怎樣的”問題……還是忘了它吧。

Don’t ask if moving within the company is easy. That makes me think you're trying to get your foot in the door for another job, when what I care about is filling this position。

在問這個問題之前,先想想看自己能不能進入這家公司吧!否則,神馬都是浮雲……
滬江英語 

ARTERY.cn