ADJ網路實驗室
打印

[推薦] 《中英對照讀新聞》 威斯康辛州竊案失主上傳竊嫌影片

《中英對照讀新聞》 威斯康辛州竊案失主上傳竊嫌影片

《中英對照讀新聞》Wis. theft victim uploads video of suspected thief 威斯康辛州竊案失主上傳竊嫌影片

◎張沛元

A Wisconsin man whose camcorder was briefly stolen has found a way to get back at the suspected thief:He uploaded a video to YouTube that the suspect took with the camera, a clip in which the man reveals his name, shows his face and admits he stole the camera.

威斯康辛州一名攝影機一度失竊的男子,想出報復偷竊嫌犯的方法:他把嫌犯利用該攝影機拍攝的一段影片上傳到YouTube,男子在片中透露姓名,秀出尊容,還坦承就是他偷了這台攝影機。

Chris Rochester said his camera was stolen a few weeks ago from the car of his boss, Republican state Senate candidate Bill Feehan. Police eventually recovered the camera and returned it to Rochester, who set it aside.

克里斯.羅徹斯特說,他的攝影機數週前在他的老闆、共和黨籍州參議員候選人比爾.費漢的座車內被偷走。警方最後找回攝影機,並將之還給羅徹斯特,羅徹斯特將之擺在一旁。

Then, when Gov. Scott Walker made a recent visit, Rochester used the camera to film the event. When he went back to retrieve the video, he found 20 other segments the suspect apparently recorded, and one video caught his eye.

然後,當州長史考特.沃克日前來訪,羅徹斯特拿出攝影機拍攝此事。當他回頭尋找這段影片時,發現了顯然是嫌犯拍攝的20段其他片段,其中一段影片引起他的注意。

"This is my house, yes, and a stolen camera that I stole. But it’s OK, the cop won’t figure it out," the suspect says in the 79-second video. Later he adds, "Oh yeah, to introduce you, my name is Houaka Yang. So yeah, how do you do."

「這是我家,是啊,還有一台我偷的攝影機。但沒關係啦,警察不會知道的啦,」嫌犯在這段79秒的影片中說。稍後他又說,「噢,對了,向各位介紹,我叫楊好咖(譯音),各位好啊。」

Finally, he turns the camera to reveal his face and says with a smile, "And this is me. Hi." (AP)

最後,他反轉鏡頭,露出面容笑說,「我啦,嗨。」(美聯社)

新聞辭典

get back at somebody:懲罰某人。例句:I think your ex-boyfriend will try to get back at you for what you have said about him.(我想你前男友會對你之前說他壞話的事報復你。)

set something aside:把某物放在一邊;未予理會。

catch someone’s eye:形容吸引某人注意。例句:The shiny silver dress in the boutique caught her eye.(精品店裡的那件閃亮亮的銀色長洋裝吸引她的注意。)

ARTERY.cn