“It is all Greek to me.”你聽過別人跟你說這句話嗎?它的意思可不是“它對我來說就像希臘語一樣”,而是“我對此一竅不通”,我們今天再來學一些表示同樣意思的英語口語吧!
1. She's in the dark abouthow this machine works.
她根本不知道該怎麼操作這個機器。
2. He is a stranger toour language.
他完全不懂我們的語言。
3. It is all Greekto me.
我對此一竅不通。
4. When it comes to German, I know nothing.
談到德語,我一竅不通。
5. The ideas she espoused were incomprehensibleto me.
她信奉的這些觀念對於我來說都很難理解。
6. That computer nerd is a total social misfit.
那個只會玩電腦的呆子對人情世故一竅不通。
7. For all my advice she was never the wiser.
雖然我全力指點,她還是一竅不通。
8. Mathematics is a closed bookto me, I'll never understand it.
我對數學一竅不通,從來都搞不懂。
9. Golf is one of his blind spotsand he's proud of it.
他對高爾夫球一竅不通,但對此他還感到挺自豪的。
歡迎光臨 ADJ網路實驗室 (http://dz.adj.idv.tw/) | Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0 |