聽到一個讓人震驚的意外消息時或者看到很意外的場景時,很多人都會睜大眼睛,露出不敢相信的神色,這就是我們常說的“目瞪口呆”啦!這種心情你一定體會過吧,但是你知道怎麼用地道英語表達這種震驚的感覺嗎?
1. He was stunnedby the news of her death.
聽到她的死訊,他很震驚。
2. I was struck dumb with fear.
我嚇得說不出話來。
3. He was paralyzedwith terror.
他嚇呆了。
4. My jaw droppedwhen I see how much the meal have cost.
看到那頓飯要花這麼多錢,我大吃一驚。
5.I was awestruckthat anyone could be so beautiful.
我很驚奇居然有那麼漂亮的人。
6.They watched it with mouth wide open.
他們目瞪口呆地看著。
7. He gaped atthe girl for a few seconds.
他目瞪口呆,盯了那女孩一會兒。
8. You should have seen Peter when Becky turned up in her short skirt. His eyes were popping out of his head.
貝基穿著短裙出現時,你應該看看皮特,他的眼珠都快跳出來了。
9. It's beyond mewhy Mary wants to marry John!
我覺得很意外,瑪麗竟然願意嫁給約翰。
10. When I heard the name of the winner, you could have knocked me down with a feather.
聽到獲勝者的名字,我大吃一驚。
11. Her death was a bolt from the blueto him.
她的死訊對他來說無異於晴天霹靂。
歡迎光臨 ADJ網路實驗室 (http://dz.adj.idv.tw/) | Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0 |